- Parliament discussed MP and Deputy Speaker S.Bayartsogt's failure of including a secret Swiss bank account and offshore company in his income declaration during Thursday's meeting. - The VII Ministerial Conference of the Community of Democracies is being held in Ulaanbaatar, the current Mongolian Presidency for the Community of Democracies will complete its tenure of the Chairmanship. The Presidency will go to El Salvador next. - This year the transport and road construction organization will receive financial investment for over 400 billion MNT. The construction of new express highways for the distance of over 2,000 kilometers will be starting this year according to the annual report of the Ministry of Transport. - "Work Veteran Heritage" workers congress first held place last Friday. Many work veterans who worked in different branches of the Mongolian economy, industry and agriculture assembled to exchange their work experience with the new young generation who will follow for the further national progress of the country.
- On the occasion of the Day of Mongolian Troops, the President and Commander-in-Chief of Mongolia's Armed Forces, Ts.Elbegdorj and senior officials of the Ministry of Defense laid a wreath at the Memorial Statue of the prominent revolutionary hero D.Sukhbaatar. - The "World Circus in Mongolia" event is coming soon to the country. Last week some circus artists came to Ulaanbaatar from as far away as Viet Nam, the United States and Guatemala. - There are at least 21 thousand registered foreign residents in Mongolia. They received permanent resident status in the country for personal and business reasons. Some of them stay in Mongolia per the immigration policy. - The Bogd Khan Mountain Preservation area is located on the south side of the city of Ulaanbaatar. But now many residents have built their houses in the state reserved area. According to a recent survey, there are now only 64 places using the land legally in the area of at least 700 distributed land permits.
- Prime Minister N.Altankhuyag has worked in Dornogovi aimag to see the conditions of the local community and promote the new Government's work that will be completed in the next four years. - The Green Party of Mongolia and the Mongolian Environmental Civil Council held a joint anti-nuclear rally this week. Organizers stated that Mongolia has launched several projects involving nuclear technology and has begun mining uranium. - Monks from Khamaryn Khiid Monastery and the local religious community in Dornogovi aimag announced the reincarnation of the 9th Noyon Khutagt. His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama recognized the Incarnate Noyon Khutagt in Dharamsala, India on March 02, 2013. - The trade deficit of Mongolia is increasing every year. The export of Mongolian items is not sufficient to cover the import expenditures.
- Prime Minister N.Altankhuyag organized an online meeting with local authorities that focused on winter projects of the different aimags (provinces) of Mongolia. - A nurse accidently washed a newborn baby with boiling water in Bayankhongor aimag last week inciting public anger. - Mongolian tourism industry development has opened its doors to its new horizon possibilities. Winter sport tourism has gained speed recently. - The Mongolian Mazaalai Bear is on the brink of extinction. Now the number of them has diminished from 40 during the 90's to now a population of 22.
- Oyu Tolgoi LLC has opened a concentration factory last Thursday, December 27, 2012. - On December 24, 2012, the Department for Fair Competition and Consumer Protection announced that the fuel price per liter was increased by 50 MNT. - The Ministry of Energy warned the power plant stations' capacities are not sufficient to meet increased demands. - Chinese citizens who are involved in food production are blamed for the sale of food products without permission from the Ministry of Health.
- Around 70 percent of Mongolia's territory is currently covered with snow. It seems that the situation may continue to get worse before it gets better. - The night of December 21st, there were several minor riots and lots of open drunkenness in the streets because of "the end of the world" doomsday rumor. - There are over 90 State Protected Areas in Mongolia. According to the law it's forbidden to hunt, own and/or make any excavations in those places. But despite all of these restrictions, some people have continued to break these laws. - The Government has a new plan to help reduce the unemployment in Mongolia by providing support for the growth of small and medium sized enterprises.
- Mongolia has been traditionally celebrating the Anniversary of the first democratic movement held on December 10, 1989. - The Minister of Energy M.Sonompil gave directions to the State Secretary of the Ministry of Energy to focus on renewable energy projects by having feasibility studies done by the National Renewable Energy Center. - The Asian Development Bank's report on the Mongolian economy has resulted positive future forecasts of the Mongolian economy by Mongolian economists. - At the present moment 98,000 people in Mongolia are unemployed. The new Government has formed a new Ministry of Labor to tackle the issue of unemployment.
- The Executive Committee of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party announced to leave the Government. - This year is the 50th anniversary of Mongolia-Germany’s joint cooperation in the field of Geology and Gold exploration. - Government made a decision to allocate child benefits for mothers who have given birth to twin babies. - The state inspections office confiscated over 70 medical items, which are currently out of medical practice.
- Mongolia celebrated its Independence Day. November 26th, 1924 is the day that Mongolia declared itself an independent country with the adoption of its first Constitution. - The "New Government in 100 Days" photo exhibition opened at the State Palace. - During the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly a new resolution on Education for Democracy, initiated by Mongolia was adopted. - The Linguistics Institution of the Academy of Sciences announced the 21 most widely used words 2012, determined by a public opinion poll.
- The Local Administrative Elections were held in aimags (provinces), sums and districts of Ulaanbaatar city on Wednesday, November 21, 2012. - The total budget for the next four years in Ulaanbaatar city is going to be 16.6 trillion MNT. - Foreign Minister L.Bold said that Mongolians, who have received foreign residential status abroad and have dual citizenship, need to be more concerned about social benefits and human rights policies. - Mongolia celebrated its 23rd anniversary of joining the International Convention on the Rights of Children.
- Japan and North Korea had bilateral talks in Ulaanbaatar last Thursday and Friday. Japan is requesting specific information on the abductions of Japanese citizens by North Korean agents during the 1970-80s. - Last Wednesday, Mongolians across the country celebrated the "Day of National Pride" in honor of the 850th anniversary of birth of Mongolia's greatest leader Chinggis Khaan. - The Mongolian energy sector is currently supplied by a thermal power station, which means that 98 percent of all electricity consumption is from coal. - The President of Mongolia Ts.Elbegdorj hosted Erlan Abdyldaev, the Foreign Minister of Kyrgyz. They exchanged their views regarding both countries further diplomatic relations.
- Asian and European leaders gathered for the 9th Annual Asia-Europe Meeting in Vientiane, capital of Laos on November 05, 2012. - Members of parliament discussed the resignation petition of current member U.Khurelsukh and accepted it by a 58.3 percent vote during last Thursday's session. - National Committee for Reducing Air Pollution of Mongolia is formulating a policy regarding the complex issue of reducing the price of household coal consumption through the Government. - The Standing Committee on State Structure in Parliament, the Mongolian Parliamentary Journalism Association, and the Press Institute held a discussion among press staff and journalists last Tuesday.
- Mongolia's Local Administrative Elections will be conducted on November 21st through means of a mixed system. - The World Bank said on Tuesday that Mongolia's economy officially grew between 11 to 12 percent in 2012 but still faces several major challenges. - The 373rd anniversary of Ulaanbaatar, capital of Mongolia, took place last Monday. - Khadag (silk ribbon) tethered on trees and different pillars were expressing the ancient Buddhist rituals of worship to the sacred places.
- The Government of Mongolia issued legislation on children's benefits and allowances. - The new educational program "Talents and Books" for the children studying in primary and secondary schools. - The Standing Committee of the Social Policy, Culture and Science advocated opening new schools and kindergartens. - Mongolian traditional scripts written on bark have been returned to Mongolia after 20 years.
- Supporters and members of MPP demonstrated in front of the Government House on Thursday, October 18, 2012. - An operational ceremony for the "Sun Bridge" was held. - From March 01, 2013, cell phone consumers will pay by the second rate usage. - A Florida man described as "a one-man black market in prehistoric fossils" was arrested on October 17, on charges of smuggling dinosaur skeletons from Mongolia.
- The discussion of celebration for the 850th anniversary of Chinggis Khaan, the founder and Great Khaan of the Mongol Empire was held at the Parliament. - The Standing Committee on Economy in the Parliament held an open forum to discuss operations at "Erdenes MGL" and "Erdenes Oyu Tolgoi" Companies. - Centre on Conservation of Freshwater Reserves and Nature of Mongolia. - Bloomberg TV Mongolia launched last Monday, October 08, 2012.
- This year, Mongolia and Russia aim to celebrate friendship days. Russian businessmen and representatives from Penza province visited Ulaanbaatar on October 03, 2012. - The International Day of Older Persons occurs on October 1st every year. - Fourteen years have passed since the assassination of the former member of Government and Parliament S.Zorig. - Citizens were informed that the sun's eclipse lasting for 3 days is the reason for the increase of sales of certain products.
- The President of Mongolia Ts.Elbegdorj gave an interview during CNN's International nightly news program to Amanpour during his visit to the 67th regular session of the General Assembly, New York City. - Last week, the Prime Minister N.Altankhuyag toured the western provinces of Mongolia, Bayan-Ulgii, Uvs and Khovd. - The Capital City Court affirmed the primary court's decision to N.Enkhbayar, the former President of Mongolia. - The City Council carried out it's 3rd meeting on Thursday. A poll was conducted on draft resolutions about city planning and about arranging illegal land granting issues in the Capital City territory. - The Green Days of Autumn Exhibition is being held annually in September, spanning for several weeks.
- Local Administrative Elections to be held on November 21, 2012. - Parliament approved an intergovernmental agreement between Mongolia and Republic of Korea on facilitating visa terms. - The 4th annual awards event named in honor of Ts.Baldorj commemorating journalism was organized on Tuesday. - Three accidents relating to building sites occurred since the start of September. - The Culture days of Khukh Khot (Hohhot), Inner Mongolia was organized in UB last week.
- On September 06-07, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the President of the Republic of Indonesia paid a state visit to Mongolia at the invitation of the President Ts.Elbegdorj. - On Wednesday, September 03, Prime Minister N.Altankhuyag held a teleconference obliging some duties to local administrators. - Mongolian forecaster predicted that this winter will be severe and frosty. - This year, numbers revealed that 262 people died due to traffic accidents. Which means on average, at least 1 person loses their life everyday due to traffic accidents in Ulaanbaatar. - There are few places for Ulaanbaatar young residents to pass their free time. But now the new water sports training center opened in the Bayanzurkh district.
- The X Annual International Mining Investors' Forum started last week. - Changes on traffic regulations in Ulaanbaatar city is to reduce up to 20% of traffic jams. - Union of Mongolian Students are against the current tuition fees. - Chinese apples were sold under Mongolian origin. - Harvest may start on September 10, 2012.
- Well known Professors are visiting Mongolia at the invitation of the President Ts.Elbegdorj. - Mongolia earned five medals at the London Olympics, ranked at 56th place of out all countries. - The City Administration works on the Heating System. - Schools and Kindergartens are ready for the upcoming fiscal year. - Air pollution in UB is deemed as the utmost issue to solve.
- Since ancient times, Mongolians have believed in father sky and protective stars. A large worship ceremony was held for the State Great Sacrificed Khan-Khukhii Mountain in Uvs Province on July 19, 2012. - Tens of thousands of people rallied in Tokyo on Monday demanding an end to nuclear power, the latest in a series of anti-atomic gatherings following the tsunami-sparked disaster at Fukushima. - On the 15th of this month, the Sports festival of children from Asia took place in Yakutsk city of Sakha Republic, Russia. This was the organizations 5th time to hold this festival, in which Mongolian sportsmen placed and brought home 42 medals. - For the 2012-2013 Fiscal Year, new exercise books have been printed and distributed to all city and rural schools. This year 89 different variations of new school exercising books were printed.
- Mongolia celebrated the National Naadam Festival dedicated to the 806th Anniversary of the Great Mongol Empire and the 91st Anniversary of the People's Revolution on July 11-13, 2012. - Mongolians compete in the three sports categories during the Naadam - horse racing, wrestling and archery. Moreover, the fourth sports game has been added to the original three - anklebone shooting. - Thousands of people were dressed in traditional costumes - Deel, who gathered at Sukhbaatar's Square to promote the "National Costume Day".
- The first session of the new Parliament was held on July 06, 2012 - The differences of human beings are discussed by the International Research Team - PetroChina Daqing Tamsag's case ended by the decision of the primary court - There are about 15 children's camps operating as of today
|Home page Back Go to top|