An International Scientific Conference on Hominology will be held in Tashtagol city, Kemerovo Oblast, Russian Federation from October 6 to October 9, 2011.
Many local residents in Tashtagol regions believe that there are still many Yetis or Almas or Bigfoot that exist and live around the regions of Tashtagol.
Once there was a case when the governor of Kemerovo region Aman Tuleev offered a cash prize to whoever catches the Yeti.
The conference will be attended by the famous scientists; biologists, anthropologists, geneticists, hominologists, bioinformatics from the United States, Canada, Sweden, China, Mongolia
and Russia. This time the scientists will not only gather and discuss about this issue, but they will also plan to travel to the regions where Yetis are thought to be living.
R.Barsbold, a paleontologist and geologist at the Geological Institute, Mongolian Academy of Sciences, will participate at the conference representing Mongolia. He is the son of the famous Mongolian writer, scientist and academician B.Rinchen.
Numerous new species of dinosaur have been discovered by R.Barsbold. The following are the new discoveries and their names:
- Adasaurus (1983)
- Anserimimus (1988)
- Conchoraptor (1986)
- The family Enigmosauridae (1983) (now inactive)
- Enigmosaurus (with A. Perle, 1983)
- Gallimimus (with H. Osmólska and E.Roniewicz, 1972)
- Garudimimus and the family Garudimimidae (1981)
- Harpymimus and the family Harpymimidae (with A.Perle, 1984)
- Ingenia (1981)
- The family Ingeniidae (1986)
- The family Oviraptoridae (1976)
- The suborder Segnosauria (with A.Perle, 1980) but this name is now inactive and is included in Therizinosauria.