The Mongolian National Olympic Committee (MNOC) together with the Sports Marketing Agency of Mongolia, UBS TV channel and www.sportnews.mn online magazine have decided on picking out "Athlete of the Month" for Mongolia, starting this October. Votes will be collected through the www.sportnews.mn website as well as the official websites of the above organizations, and the results will be announced the first week of each month.
Nominees for October’s “Athlete of the Month” of Mongolia:
- International Master of Sports, Ganbat BOLDBAATAR – Silver medalist from the Grand Prix Judo Wrestling match, held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- International Master of Sports, Bishidei URANTUNGALAG – Silver medalist from the Asian Championships in the category of Archery, receiving the 3rd berth to participate in the “London 2012”
- Mongolian Hero of Labor, Mongolian Honored Athlete, Purevdorj SERDAMBA – Bronze medalist and the first Mongolian athlete to become a double gold medalist from the World Championship, held in Baku, Azerbaijan
- International Master of Sports, Bat-Ochir SER-OD – In 6th place from the annual Marathon, with over 2,000 participants from 30 countries, held in Beijing, China.
- International Master of Sports, Erdenebileg KHALIUNBOLD – Winner of a rocky road car and motorbike race, held in Ordos city of Inner Mongolia, organized by the Sports Committee of Inner Mongolia together with MNOC.