The Ikh Nas horse racing of the National Naadam Festival of Mongolia, July 11, 2012
The Ikh Nas (horses over 5-years old) horse racing
of the 2012 National Naadam Festival of Mongolia, dedicated to the 806th Anniversary of the Great Mongol Empire and the 91st Anniversary of the People's Revolution has finished at the Khui Doloon Khudag.
Ikh Nas category racing held for a distance of 24.5 km, where a “Khuren” horse came in first. The first comer “Khuren” horse is owned by State Famed horse trainer Kh.Bat-Erdene, resident of Sharga sum of Govi-Altai aimag
"Airgiin Tav" or winners of the first 5 places of Ikh Nas category:
1. “Khuren” horse of State Famed horse trainer Kh.Bat-Erdene, Director of "Altai Construction" LLC, resident of Sharga sum of Govi-Altai aimag.
2. “Khul” horse of U.Atarsaikhan, Head of the Federation of Gachuurt Horse Racing Sports and Trainers (Bayanzurkh district of Ulaanbaatar), resident of Darvi sum of Khovd aimag.
3. “Suman Khuren” horse of D.Bayasgalan, resident of Bayan-Undur sum of Orkhon aimag.
4. “Khuren” horse of M.Enkhbold, Deputy Prime Minister of Mongolia, resident of Bayan sum of Tuv aimag.
5. “Bor” horse of State Famed horse trainer S.Gankhuyag, resident of Bayantsogt sum of Tuv aimag.
* - The horse that came in 3rd place was without a jockey child, thus due to the regulation, the 6th place comer is determined as winner of the 5th place.
The names of Mongolian horse color:
“Zeerd” - a sorrel horse
“Kheer” - a bay horse
”Khongor” - a red dun horse
“Khuren” - a chestnut horse
“Buural” - a roan horse
“Khar” - a black horse
"Tsagaan" - a white horse
“Khaltar” - a dark horse with light-colored muzzle and breast
"Sharga" - a palomino horse
"Bor" - a grey horse
"Khaliun" - a buckskin horse
"Khul" - a dun horse
"Saaral" - a grullo horse
"Khalzan" - a horse with a blaze on the face Info
: The Detailed Schedule for the National Naadam Festival, 2012