Khalkh Style Archery
In the men’s Khalkh style archery, each man released 40 arrows, where “Garid Magnai” Ts.Khuderchuluun won the competition with 38 hit arrows. The 2nd place winner was Master of Sports N.Ulziibileg with 37 hits and 3rd place winner was L.Otgonbayar, who also hit the target by 37 arrows. Ts.Khuderchuluun won state scale competition for the fourth time, henceforth he has achieved the title of “Garamgai Mergen” or “Eminent Marksman” of Mongolia.
In the women’s category of Khalkh style archery Kh.Oyunchimeg won the competition with 36 arrows out of 40. The runner-up winner Master of Sports M.Ulziikhand also hit 36 targets.
The target of Mongolian archery
comprises of several cylinder-shaped objects, made by leather ropes. The object is approximately a can high but wider and the objects are put in two rows on top, where the 4 objects in the center are red colored, which is the main target. Daaga Horse Racing
On the same day, 300 Daaga (2-year old) horses have participated in the National Naadam Festival. In the competition, there was a “Kheer” daaga of the 4th President of Mongolia Ts.Elbegdorj, but the young colt could not come in the first 5 place winners.
“Airgiin Tav” or winners of the 5 places of Daaga category:
1. “Kheer Khalzan” horse of B.Batdelger, resident of Burd sum of Uvurkhangai aimag
2. “Khongor Khalzan” horse of Ts.Gankhuu, resident of Khuld sum of Dundgovi aimag.
3. “Ukhaa” horse of State Famed horse trainer B.Dalai, resident of Zuungovi sum of Uvs aimag.
4. “Khaltar” horse of N.Batbayar, resident of Durgun sum of Khovd aimag.
5. “Khaliun” horse of P.Enkhmunkh, resident of Bayan sum of Tuv aimag. Soyolon Horse Racing
Most interesting horse racing by its categories is the Soyolon horse racing, because they are 5-year old horses, the most fastest and strongest animal in the age category. Thus, the Mongolians audience and trainers pay more attention than any other categories of horse racing. Mongolians believe that, if you have a chance to touch the sweat of the winner Soyolon horse after the horse comes to the finish line, it is very prospering.
The winner of the superfast category was a “Khaltar” horse of Kh.Tumenbayar, resident of Tsogttsetsii sum of Umnugovi aimag, whose Soyolon was encouraged by trainer, jockey child and the spectators. The second finisher was a “Khongor” Soyolon of Kh.Bat-Erdene, who was the most distinctive person of the event, because his “Khuren” horse won in the Ikh Nas category
at yesterday's competition of July 11, 2012. These horses have shown brilliant results in the National Naadam Festival.
“Airgiin Tav” or winners of the 5 places of Soyolon category:
1. “Khaltar” horse of Kh.Tumenbayar, resident of Tsogttsetsii sum of Umnugovi aimag.
2. “Khongor” horse of Kh.Bat-Erdene, resident of Govi-Altai aimag.
3. “Khuren” horse of T.Badamjunai, the Minister for Food, Agriculture and Light Industries, originally from Chuluut sum of Arkhangai aimag.
4. “Khongor Buural” horse of S.Ganbold, resident of Orkhon sum of Selenge aimag.
5. “Kheer” horse of O.Munkhtaivan, originally from Manlai sum of Umnugovi aimag. The names of Mongolian horse color:
“Zeerd” - a sorrel horse
“Kheer” - a bay horse
”Khongor” - a red dun horse
“Khuren” - a chestnut horse
“Buural” - a roan horse
“Khar” - a black horse
"Tsagaan" - a white horse
“Khaltar” - a dark horse with light-colored muzzle and breast
"Sharga" - a palomino horse
"Bor" - a grey horse
"Khaliun" - a buckskin horse
"Khul" - a dun horse
"Saaral" - a grullo horse
"Khalzan" - a horse with a blaze on the face