Photo news: Grand Stupa is a spiritual honor of mankind and the glory of Mongolia
The Buddhist Leader and Public Educator Dulduityn Danzanravjaa completed his basic training in Buddhist literature, art, religion and philosophy by the early 1820s and in recognition of his extraordinary intellectual and artistic abilities, local religious authorities bestowed on him the title of fifth reincarnation of the Gobi Noyon Khutagt.
Thereafter he established the three monasteries of Galbyn Uul, all of which became local centers of culture, art and education. D.Danzanravjaa gave considerable attention to the development of Khamaryn Khiid
(Monastery) in particular, where he established a professional theatre and touring company, public library, museum and primary school, all of which reflected his serious commitment to the cause of public education. In 1823, the Stupa was built by D.Danzanravjaa in his Uvurbayasgalant Khamaryn Monastery for the spiritual honor of mankind and the glory of Mongolia; henceforth, the stupa became one of the main religious artworks which was then named after Uvgun Suvarga or Grand Stupa for the spiritual glory of nationwide; the people throughout Mongolia.
Unfortunately, the Grand Stupa was completely ruined during the most furious political repression in 1939 until recently; the Stupa was restored and built in 2011 with the height of 32m by the joint commitments of over 10 business entities within a 2 years period under the initiative of Ravjaa Foundation based upon the various supplications of religious worshippers of Dornogovi aimag respectively.
The inside structure of the restored Grand Stupa includes the portrayal masterpieces which display diversity of personal images of D.Danzanravjaa along the sidewalls, small and medium handicraft stupas and religious books and sutras; most notably, the complete suite of Ger (traditional dwelling of Mongolia) stands inside the chapel on top of this extraordinary artwork of Mongolia’s cultural and religious heritage.
The opening ceremony of the Grand Stupa was held on September 10, 2011 in Khamaryn Monastery which located in 18km south of Sainshand city, Dornogovi
aimag of Mongolia.